Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I have reached my goal weight!

I have reached my goal weight!

Well, to be honest, it’s not quiet as exciting as that. I am not a huge fan of scales and I don’t exactly have a “goal weight.” However, before my thyroid started acting up I was EXACTLY the same weight for years. Then I gained 13 pounds when my thyroid slowed down. When I started taking thyroid medicine I did lose three pounds right off the bat…but the rest was not coming off. I spent the next three years experimenting with various exercise regimens and earning a Bachelor in Nutrition Science to learn more about my situation. I did suffer a family tragedy and lost ten pounds from the stress, but hot yoga and Pilates has helped me to lose 4 more pounds. I started hot yoga and Pilates 4 months ago and was actually able to lose my excess weight, plus two pounds.
         Honestly I would be completely fine if I looked like Jessica Biel but was 10 pounds heavier (from muscle gain). 
So from here, I wont be weighing myself for a couple of months, but I will keep my routine of about 4 hot classes a week along with avoiding fast food and greasy food. Then, when I feel comfortable, I will measure my waist. I think losing weight slow and steady by exercising and eating well is the healthiest way for me to lose weight. I am just happy to be on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment