Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Healthy living through yoga and nutrition

Health: the condition of being sound in mind, body or spirit (Merriam-Webster)
Life is what we make of it. Often as children we are guided through life and
don't have voice in choosing our life path. Dancing and martial arts were a large
part of my childhood and teen years, and I was OK with that. I wasn't particularly
happy with my life and I was constantly searching for new hobbies. A few months
ago I found hot yoga. Hot yoga has redirected my life path! Not only do I enjoy the
physical experience associated with yoga, but I feel it is an emotional and spiritual
experience. In September of 2011 I knew nothing about yoga. In January of 2012
I know a good number of asanas, I practice some forms of pranayama and I am
learning vinyasa. I have thus far only participated in hot yoga, but I am looking
forward to studying from new instructors at various studios!
      During my search to learn about healthy living I discovered nutrition science.
I was drawn to nutrition during my college years and I attained my Bachelor in
Nutrition Science. My quest to learn more about healthy living is only beginning. I
plan to continue my college education while simultaneously learning more about
yoga as a lifestyle. I look forward to sharing this experience with you!

   
Labels: 

No comments:

Post a Comment