Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vegetable quiche

Pre-workout food

I have been in search of a new yoga studio which is why I haven't written a blog in awhile. I have also been experimenting with new recipes and I have one to share! I have been looking for healthy recipes without red meat that are pretty quick and easy. Vegetable quiche! I found a recipe and made some tweaks.

Vegetable quiche

You will need: 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash (optional), 1 small portobello mushroom, 1 leek, 3 handfuls of spinach, 4 cloves of garlic, egg beaters, 1 whole egg, 1/4 white onion, 1 cup of broccoli and 4 stalks of asparagus.

1. Preheat the oven to 345 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash the vegetables.
3. Chop the asparagus, broccoli, leek and mushroom.
4. Begin to simmer the vegetables and mushroom with 2tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
5. Chop the garlic.
6. When the broccoli and asparagus are soft add the garlic.
7. Crack the egg and add 6 eggs equivalent of egg beaters.
8. Stir the eggs with a fork.
9. Put the vegetables in a casserole dish.
10. Pour the egg mixture on top.
11. Dice an onion and sprinkle across the top.
12. Add salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash to taste.
13. Bake at 345 degrees Fahrenheit for 17-20 minutes, or until slightly browned.
14. Let cool for five minutes.
15. ENJOY!

This will make 4 servings. I hope you enjoy! The great thing about this recipe is, you don't make a huge mess. I managed to clean the kitchen in the 17-20 minutes it took to cook. It's really the perfect recipe. You can also use this as a pre-workout meal.

1 comment: