Sunday, February 26, 2012

How yoga and physical therapy work hand in hand for me


Yoga for physical therapy?

I am in physical therapy for few different but small problems I have with my body. Therapy is great, painful, but I am making the most of it. When my therapist gave me the prognosis I came to a realization. Yoga can help me! More specifically, he was showing different stretches and I think to myself, "Wouldn't dragon be good for that?" He continued and I thought, "Wouldn't half pidgin be good for that?" By the end of the session I had a plethora of poses to chose from! Turns out yoga in between sessions will help me to achieve my goals at a much faster rate.

These are just a few of the poses that I'm am practicing to help:
Supine cow
Pidgin
Eagle
Standing forward bend
Plow
Child's pose
Downward dog
Dolphin

I am so relieved to learn that yoga can help me because I was told I should refrain from running, elliptical, bike, stairmaster and weight lifting. Just in the past few weeks I have been close to achieving my physical goals and now I hit this bump in the road. It’s a good thing I have started yoga because I was basically left to figure out a workout for myself. Hot yoga will be especially beneficial to me because stretching is of the upmost importance at this stage in my recovery. Cheeeehuuuuu for yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment